When you are planning to take your pet with you on holidays, it is very important that both of you have a safe and happy flying experience, of course is traveling by plane. Not all the airports are the same, and there are some that give top priority to our four legged friends.
So once you found a pet friendly hotel, it is the right time that you read this short guide through some of the top 5 pet friendly airports in the US. This is very important information as according to the latest surveys, there are about 80 million dogs and cats that are every year traveling with their owners to distant locations on holidays.
The mentioned airports in this article all have special designated areas for pets to stretch their legs, drink water or eat or to have a potty break.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Atlanta has a 1000 square foot fully fenced park for dogs/cats with benches, garden, flowers, rocks, which represents a space where your pet can sniff around, have a bit of exercise or similar- this is at the same time one of the busiest airports in the US.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston has the only onsite kennel that is being managed by Continental Airlines. The kennel has around 1000 square feet of space for your dog/cat to run, stretch his legs, exercise, or whatever he likes doing the most.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) has a variety of pet relief areas and has also a fenced-in area that has up to 600 square feet.
- Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) in Phoenix offers a lot of pet-friendly zones, and spaces where your pet can just simply sniff around, relax or drink water and eat.
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) in St. Louis features a 400 square foot space with park benches, plastic mitts for cleaning up and trash cans.